Zumba is a healthy fitness program where participants dance to international and Latin music. The dance moves are a mixture of interval and resistance training due to the alternate fast and slow movements.
Since Zumba is an aerobic exercise, it helps reduce excess pounds, strengthens the heart, and gives your mood a boost. Healthy adults participate in Zumba dance classes regularly due to the enjoyment and health benefits. That is why it is crucial to find the best shoes for Zumba exercise, so you get the most out of the program.
What are the Best Shoes for Zumba Fitness? Top 4 Reviewed in 2018
There are 4 notable shoes for Zumba that many trainers, fitness coaches, and Zumba enthusiasts recommend. These shoes provide comfort for every Zumba lover.
Ryka Women’s Exertion Shoe – Best Shoes for Zumba Dancing
One of the best shoes for Zumba dancing classes is Ryka Women’s Exertion Shoe. The material is made of breathable synthetic and mesh with a synthetic sole that provides support. It has a pivot point on sole that lets you move freely. Its lightweight, low profile performance offers you lateral stability even through energetic moves and twists. The heels are narrower, and the forefoot is wider to give your toes that extra wiggle space.
Ryka Women’s Exertion Shoe is available in navy, light blue, and yellow colors. The shoes are also designed to adjust to the mold or shape of a woman’s foot for better overall look and feel. If you plan to buy a pair of Zumba dancing shoes, Ryka Exertion shoe can certainly bring you positive and enjoyable dancing experience.
Zumba Footwear Street Boss – Best Shoes for High Impact Zumba
The best shoes for high impact Zumba is Zumba Footwear Street Boss. You can use this stylish hi-cut fitness shoes for dancing, the gym, walking, leisure, outdoor activities, travel, workouts, and other forms of exercise. The impact support due to the high-top design gives you the ultimate protection. The easy glide Z-glide technology allows you to glide freely on any surface and perform those twists and turns. The shock-absorbent middle sole provides maximum mid arch support while still allowing you to be comfortable.
Due to its bit narrow design, some users ordered half size bigger, which perfect fits. It also has the great tread to prevent any slip and slide during the dancing movement. If you are truly the fan of high impact Zumba shoes for extra ankle support, this footwear Street Boss from Zumba is definitely in your consideration.
Zumba Women’s Fly Fade Dance Sneaker – Best Shoes for Zumba Class
The best shoes for Zumba on hardwood floors are Zumba Women’s Fly Fade Dance Sneaker, especially suitable for Zumba class. Its Z-slide outsole and synthetic sole allow a more natural movement without the slips. The padded tongue, collar, and compressed EVA midsole provide extra support and comfort on a hard surface. Its breathable textile lining prevents your feet from sweating even during the most complicated or fastest dance moves.
If you would like to attend Zumba class or other dancing class, this Zumba Fly Fade sneaker is one of the best I highly recommend. It gives both comfortable support and easy movement, which makes you learn and perform better during the class.
Capezio Women’s DS24 Rockit Dance Sneaker – Best Zumba Shoes for Bad Knees
The best Zumba dance shoes for bad knees and wide feet is Capezio Women’s DS24 Rockit Dance Sneaker. The shoes are cushioned and contoured with a removable EVA footbed to cater to wider feet. The split sole design gives added flexibility and foot articulation for wide feet. It also has a perforated arch, breathable SBR, Nylex mesh, and vents for added breathability and circulation. The material is made of a combination of PU Nubuck and imitation suede that are lightweight. The Achilles notch, padded tongue and collar provide extra support during those hard and fast dance moves. The speed looped lacing system gives your wide feet a comfortable fit and ample support. The shoe sizes are also wider to accommodate larger feet.
Capezio DS24 sneaker has pivot points on both the sole and heel for turns, therefore it will not strain your knees. That makes it really good for dancers with bad or knees pain. To wear this dancing on the carpet, you can just turn and tweak freely, without worrying knees pain. According to previous users, Capezio DS24 dance sneaker is really one of the best Zumba shoes for bad knees dancers.
Things to Consider While Choosing Zumba Dancing Shoes
So, what are the best shoes for Zumba fitness dancing? No matter what brand, you have to find the best support shoes for Zumba, so you won’t experience any pain. Keep in mind that not all kinds of shoes are great for dancing.
What to consider when choosing the best shoes to wear for Zumba dancing:
- Comfort – Don’t get blinded by amazing features. Stick to simple designs that are comfortable to wear. Try them on for comfort and walk around with it before making a purchase.
- Lightweight – The shoes to wear for Zumba classes are lightweight and allow you to move around without feeling heavy-footed.
- Pivot Point – Your Zumba shoes should have a pivot point to allow you just the right grip when you perform those twists. Otherwise, you might damage your legs or strain them.
- Shock-absorbent soles – The shoes to wear for Zumba dancing have shock-absorbent soles that give you full support. Zumba is an energetic exercise, and you need to have your feet protected while still keeping the beat. Find shoes that have thick soles but are lightweight.
- Breathability – Zumba shoes need to be breathable, so your feet don’t get sweaty during the energetic dance moves.
- Stability – When choosing Zumba shoes, determine whether you need the shoes for Zumba on a wooden floor or a carpeted floor. Shoes that have wider soles offer the best stability and support no matter the surface.
- Toe space – The best kind of shoes to wear for Zumba have ample space for you to wiggle your toes, so they don’t get cramped.
- Shoe Size – If you have larger or wider feet, you must find shoes that are wider yet provide proper support. Avoid shoe sizes that are too small or too big as they may become uncomfortable.
- Design – For people who still want to look good even when they’re sweating, the design and color are also important. Most people opt for neutral colors, so the shoes can be paired easily with their wardrobe. For those who are busy, practical design and shoe color would allow them to change clothes effortlessly without worrying about the overall look and go on with their errands.
Finding the shoes for Zumba need not be a chore. There are plenty of fitness shops and shoe stores that will be very helpful in helping you find what’s best for you.
The tips above should help you find what you’re looking for. Make sure that you try out the shoes for comfort. Try out a few complicated dance moves to help you determine the grip. You also need to consider where you try them on especially if your Zumba class has a carpeted surface.
The best shoes for Zumba class should allow you to look good, stay fit, and enjoy those groovy dance moves without worrying about injury or pain.